Solenco Power is a fast-growing Belgian SME innovator in the field of cleantech and specializes in hydrogen energy storage systems for residential, commercial and industrial installations.
Solenco Power is active in:
- Installations for hydrogen generation and conversion
- Hydrogen based energy storage for renewable energy
- European projects related to energy storage
- Energy assessments towards decarbonization
Solenco Power is currently looking for a Product Innovation Manager.
VACANCY: PRODUCT INNOVATION ENGINEER
- You actively look for ways to innovate our products
- You start from a concept or specifications and fully develop a design, taking into account advice, calculations, feasibility and legal rules, while keeping a qualitative design and layout in mind at all times.
- You are looking for an optimal cost/performance ratio. You analyze results by performing tests and thus help to fine-tune the product and process, while not losing sight of things like standardization, optimization and maintenance.
- In this role you will work closely with a group of talented engineers in various technical disciplines (electronics, software, hydraulics, fluidodynamics, …). You will also work closely with the R&D manager and liaise with key suppliers and engineering support companies with whom Solenco Power has strategic partnerships.
- You are responsible for the project management from A to Z: quotation, order, subsequent calculation, invoicing, turnover, result & delivery
- You contribute to the design and specifications for your own 15kW electrolyser
- You are partly responsible for determining the strategic objectives regarding the growth of the company in the market
- You will work on a strategy to find external partners who can be referred to abroad as “premium installers”
- You have a master’s degree (industrial/civil engineering) or are equivalent through experience. 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience and technical expertise are a must.
- You have knowledge of:
- Electrical conversion systems that make the connection between battery systems (DC), fuel cell systems (DC), electrolyser systems (DC) and the AC grid. Typical working areas of the zero-emission Powerbox system are: up to 100kW, up to 800VDC/ /400VAC electrical power.
- Mechanical components and piping
- Cooling and heat recovery systems
- An interest in, or experience with, energy systems is a plus
- You have knowledge of EMS/PLC/E-CAD systems
- Knowledge of CFD packages (computational fluid dynamics), evacuation packages (such as Pathfinder) and zone models (such as Ozone) is a plus
- Knowledge of rectifiers, transformers, capacitors, battery systems, grid connections, bus-bar designs, etc. is a plus
- You take initiatives and work purposefully towards results
- You have knowledge about mechanical analysis, heat analysis, power management (high power controls) & flow analysis
- You have leadership qualities and a “can do” mentality
- You are hands-on and can function both independently and in a team
- A pleasant and dynamic working atmosphere in an innovative SME
- A competitive salary according to your background and experience
- A solid education, the necessary technical support and career opportunities
- The opportunity to contribute to an ecological and sustainable future through hydrogen technology